What's New: 2004
- December 11, 2004
- Update on Unique Health Identifiers (UHIs): Are you ready for a tracking number that could be used to monitor your personal health information from cradle to grave?
- Competition Is Needed in Health Care, FTC/DOJ Study Says: A recent report by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) calls for greater competition in the U.S. health-care system.
- November 22, 2004
- The Federal Government Tells Families to Discuss and Document Health History on Thanksgiving. What should families consider regarding this initiative?
- A Good Way to Spend Thanksgiving?
- No True Health Privacy? Many citizens complaining about medical privacy breaches are not being helped by the federal rule.
- November 5, 2004
- FDA is Planning to Track Dietary Supplements Using Data-Mining Technology
- October 5, 2004
- Congressmen Question HHS's Legal Authority to Force Seniors into Medicare Part A: Three congressmen sent a letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson questioning the current policy of forcing seniors into Medicare Part A.
- More Than One-Third of U.S. Adults Use Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Most people who use complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) do so without consulting a licensed practitioner.
- September 13, 2004
- President Bush Proposes Screening the U.S. Population for Mental Illness
- August 23, 2004
- Pros and Cons of Health Savings Accounts (HSAs): The recently enacted Medicare Rx law includes a provision that allows Americans to open HSAs. There are both pros and cons with HSAs that should be considered.
- July 23, 2004
- President Bush Proposes to Screen Population for Mental Illness: The sweeping initiative will link diagnoses to treatment with specific drugs (link to WorldNetDaily.com article).
- June 14, 2004
- Will Americans Lose Their Privacy with Electronic Medical Records?
- May 20, 2004
- Can You Have True Health Privacy Under Nationalized Health Care?
- April 27, 2004
- Are You Ready for a National Health ID Number? Rep. Paul calls for repeal of mandated national health ID.
- March 26, 2004
- An Unhealthy Tradition: Ignoring, whitewashing, and covering up Medicare's true cost is a Washington tradition as old as the program itself.
- March 11, 2004
- Is Nationalized Health Care Coming to America? The new Medicare law establishes a Hillary-like health care working group.
- February 19, 2004
- How New Medicare Reform Could Affect All Citizens
- Chiropractors Excluded from Limited Right to Contract Privately Under Recently Enacted Medicare Bill
- Reality Check on Medicare Legislation
- January 14, 2004
- Coercion vs. Freedom: Baby Boomers Likely to Challenge Medicare Rules